Monday, October 3, 2016

WHY I AM A MALE FEMINIST

Feeling Rebloggy

I wanted to do something to make him stop raging against my mother. In those moments, I felt powerless because I was too small to confront my father. I learned early that he had an unfair advantage because of his gender. His size, strength and power intimidated my mother. I never saw my father hit her, but I did witness how injurious his verbal jabs could be when they landed on my mom's psyche....



One morning, after my father yelled at my mom during an argument, she and I stood in the bathroom together, alone, getting ready for the day ahead of us. The tension in the house was as thick as a cloud of dark smoke. I could tell that my mother was upset. "I love you, Ma, but I just wish that you had a little more spunk when you argue with Daddy," I said, low enough so my father couldn't hear me. She looked at me, rubbed my back and forced a smile.


The f-word turns off a lot of men (insert snarky comment about man-hating feminazis here) -- and black women too. But I think you should read more on why black men should be embracing the "f" word at this point. 



Read More
"Why I Am a Male Feminist"



http://www.theroot.com/views/why-i-am-male-feminist

No comments:

Post a Comment