Thursday, June 9, 2016

AN OPEN LETTER TO THE WOMAN RAPED AT SPELMAN

Other Spelman women have reported rapes by Morehouse men and not been believed. Their stories are getting more prominence now as well.
Below is an open letter written to the young woman who doesn't sound like she's nearly out of the woods yet.

 


If those young men violated you, 
they are not your brothers.

I don’t know your name. If I saw you on the street, I would not recognize you. But, if I’m being honest with myself, I will admit that it is your face that I see in the mirror each morning.
Your name is mine: Survivor.
Late Monday night, as you began posting the story of your rape near the Atlanta University Center, I read and re-read every line. I was instantly and profoundly proud of your courage, but also fearful of the attacks I knew would come.

Read More: 
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/05/04/an-open-letter-to-raped-at-spelman.html

No comments:

Post a Comment