Tuesday, May 9, 2017

55 BLACK OWNED HAIR CARE BUSINESSES PLUS ONE


Official Black Wall Street came out with a list of 55 black owned hair product creators when it became apparent that the black owners of Shea Moisture lost their natural minds.


GREED VERSUS LOYALTY: 

SHEA MOISTURE BUSTS A MOVE 

TOWARD A LARGER, WHITER MARKET SHARE






But this fine black website missed a black owned hair care line that I've fallen in loved with called BEKURA BEAUTY. 


My hair was drinking up everything I put on it and evaporation was taking care of the rest because I live in what usually behaves like a desert. I was doing the LOC -method but having to moisturize and re-twist every single night (too much hands in hair = breakage) because my hair needed water. Worse than that, it was too much work. Other black women were getting "second day hair" without having to go through all this. 



Getting rid of glycerine when I didn't want frizz and going to a LOCO method, which means adding a heavier sealer oil at the end, helped... but not by much.

But my cream was simply weak --a bunch of them by Shea Moisture.   


Then I saw a review on youtube of BEKURA BEAUTY PRODUCTS (used to be called  "BASK") And, I'm telling you, the PALM TAPIOCA BUTTERCREAM is not to be missed if you have fine, 4c, damn-near-zero porosity hair like mine. Moisture and a little hold.  I love it.


So far, I haven't heard a single bad review of any of their products.




A little of the PALM TAPIOCA goes a long way on my hair.  The jar is surprisingly heavy for it's size, packed with a dense cream. I've been using it for 4 months straight. And I still have about 1/3 of the jar left.


Using the LOCO method (Liquid, Oil (absorb-able), Cream, Oil-sealant), this is definitely my go-to cream now. I've been able to skip the last oil when I use this. My hair stays moist all day this very dry climate I live in. When I go to bed, if I'm re-twisting a fine mist of aloevera juice or water revives it and I'll add a little oil to seal the second night.

I haven't tried using it under a gel yet. But I'm thinking it's going to smooth the coils down and let me add a firm gel that will let me get those curl formers to curl form instead of just  stretch my hair out.

We'll see. My coils are super fine but super strong.


As part of my moisture routine, I only have to LOCO every other day some times every three days. So I'd say I'm using the PALM TAPIOCA two to three times a week max.  

This fine spray --and I mean FINE SPRAY-- spritzing bottle is saving my hair life when I don't need to add product, by the way.
 

 

If you think Bekura Palm Tapioca might be for you, Bekura is having a Mother's Day Sale right now. Enter Code MOM2017 for 25% off -- I'm guessing that code should be good until Mother's Day. 


http://www.bekurabeauty.com/


I usually order from a company called Pampered and Twisted out of Texas because the shipping costs were better. But Bekura itself is having the sale, so I'm going to give Bekua itself a shot.


The rest of my favorite products are mentioned below within Official Black Wallstreet's list of 55 black owned hair care businesses. See all 55 at the link below.







SheaMoisture Is Cancelled: 55 Black-Owned Hair Care Brands
You Can Support Instead

https://officialblackwallstreet.com/sheamoisture-cancelled-black-owned-haircare-products/



I'VE MOVED!!!
See BLACKCHICKROCKED.BLOGSPOT.COM

2 comments:

  1. Taylor Lautner By the way you might want to check out this cool website I found 598786
    Life Experience Degrees

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more.
    Thanks for magnificent info I was looking for this info for my mission."
    Life Experience Degree

    ReplyDelete