Monday, May 16, 2016

IVANA TRUMP CALLED DONALD TRUMP A RAPIST AND TOOK IT BACK, BUT WHY?


Ivana accusing Donald of rape at one time is an old story. But it's worth repeating now that Donald is actually likely to be the Republican Nominee.
I didn't even bother to read these articles on Ivana when they came out last summer because ex-wives are always labeled as the unreliable witness. And the ex is almost always labeled as unreliable because there's always the potential for bitterness etc., especially when the one complaining has been cheated on.

I get that.

But the thing I think is interesting about this  complaint by an ex is that Ivana didn't say what happened did not happen when she decided to take back her complaint of rape. All she said was she didn't mean to describe what happened as a "legal rape"



“During a deposition given by me in connection with my matrimonial case, I stated that my husband had raped me,” Ivana Trump said in a statement at the time, as the Daily Beastreported. "[O]n one occasion during 1989, Mr. Trump and I had marital relations in which he behaved very differently toward me than he had during our marriage. As a woman, I felt violated, as the love and tenderness, which he normally exhibited towards me, was absent. I referred to this as a 'rape,' but I do not want my words to be interpreted in a literal or criminal sense."


http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trumps-wife-ivana-disavows-rape-allegation/story?id=32732204


To me this sounds like that guy that apologized for getting shot in the face by then Vice President Dick Cheney. But I'm not going to guess what her statement is supposed to mean.

But read the description of what Ivana said happened and decide for yourself  if what happened sounds like rape to you.



From Gawker
 
http://gawker.com/the-time-donald-trumps-ex-wife-accused-him-of-brutally-1721129617



On the pages just prior to this quote, it's indicated that  Donald Trump had just had a hair transplant procedure that had left him in quite a bit of pain. He appears to have blamed his then wife Ivana Trump because she recommended the doctor. One article I read expressed the idea that he wanted her to feel the same kind of pain that he was feeling. 


The book, by former Texas Monthly and Newsweek reporter Harry Hurt III, described a harrowing scene. After a painful scalp reduction surgery to remove a bald spot, Donald Trump confronted his then-wife, who had previously used the same plastic surgeon.

“Your fucking doctor has ruined me!” Trump cried.

What followed was a “violent assault,” according to Lost Tycoon. Donald held back Ivana’s arms and began to pull out fistfuls of hair from her scalp, as if to mirror the pain he felt from his own operation. He tore off her clothes and unzipped his pants.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/07/27/ex-wife-donald-trump-made-feel-violated-during-sex.html


Please note that I haven't heard that the author of the book has been sued for misquoting her. I haven't heard that Ivana said that the words and actions did not take place. I haven't even heard that Donald Trump has sued the author, Harry Hurt III, for anything. (Trump's lawyers did threaten the Daily Beast for reporting on the book's content(?), however.)

* * * * *
A person that reasons and acts in this manner is qualified to be president?

A man that reasons and acts in this manner is taken seriously when he runs for president? 

I'm sorry. But once again, this entire debacle speaks volumes about the vast majority of the republican party.  

This disgusting piece of filth continues to sink lower and lower, in my estimation, while his ratings among conservative predominantly white voters rises higher and higher.

If this piece of garbage doesn't lose by a landslide, I'm going to have to re-evaluate living in another country. 



Note: New York's marital rape exemption was struck down in 1984. 

No comments:

Post a Comment