Friday, December 16, 2016

SOUNDS LIKE UNCLE RUCKUS LEE DANIELS PRODUCED ANOTHER HOT MESS FOR FOX


A little birdie told me they saw Lee Daniel's STAR, which has a white woman lead, is a anti-black hot mess. I hear it even features an angry black woman that Queen Latifah talks down to regularly. 

I'm not going to judge the show because I haven't seen it. 
What I have seen is Daniels' body of anti-black-woman work. That means, it's time for a partial repost... since some black and brown folk appear to be surprised by the Daniels' anti-black content. 



FROM
SOMETIMES IT'S BETTER IF YOU SEE UNCLE RUCKUS COMING 



Despite my shameful addictions [to Scandal] I'm still gonna talk trash about "Empire," "The Butler" and especially what Daniels did to the book "Push" when he made it into "Precious" and Uncle Lee Daniels himself.


Hell, I'd watch "Once Upon A Time" before I'd watch "Empire." And that's saying something because I can't stand  "Once Upon A Time When All The World Was White."


Meanwhile
Just outside of the arbitrary lines
drawn to carve out Africa


"Once Upon A Time" has an ensemble cast the size of a football team but, unlike a football team, it's whiter than the 2015 Oscars.  Somehow the producers at OUAT don't think fictional fairy tale characters can be black without ruining the story.  (How many bible story people including Egyptian Kings have been white in Hollywood again?)







The first few episodes of "Once Upon A Time When All Was White With The World" started out with one black person, as a bad guy, that showed up for 2 minutes each episode. I wasn't even sure that the darkish-skinned actor considers himself a "Black American"  But the thing that really offended me is what happened to the show's first black female character

Presenting Cinderella's Black Fairy Godmother. (Get out your stopwatch)



Black Fairy God Mama died in less than a minute, way less.  And I'm not sure you could tell she was black  the entire time she was on screen. (I was steaming mad for another 3 episodes before I realized she really wasn't coming back.)


Fairy Godmother
In case you blinked


Rumor has it other black characters came and went quickly on "Once Upon A Time"---including Rapunzel with a really long weave (I'm not even kidding). Despite all this,  I recently found myself watching a few minutes, on a lark, after a 4 year boycott.  The first thing I see is "Mulan," Disney's Asian female warrior character.

'So far so good,' I thought to myself, 'This episiode isn't yet another snow white episode.'



I never saw "Mulan"  but I saw the previews.  I know Disney's Mulan was a good Asian girl that triumphs over adversity because of her pure heart by the end of the movie because...ya know...it's Disney. That's the formula. Yet 20 minutes into "Once Upon A Time" and it's clear Mulan has lost her way, has become a cynical thief in need of a redheaded white chick for a savior.

By the time 22 minutes had passed the television was off.   However,  I'd watch the mess that is "Once Upon A Time" before I'll watch freaking "Empire" Hell, I'll send money to get the "Once Upon A Time" DVD before I'll watch freaking "Empire."

I won't watch "Empire" because I don't want him putting and subtle anti-black ideas in my head. And I'm going to be careful around anything Daniels produced, created, or directed because I'm pretty sure Lee Daniels doesn't like black people too much. And I'm a little more sure he despises black women (in more ways than one). He might have a mixed-race-people fetish too.

And I promise you the feeling is mutual from here if he doesn't like black folk. Because I can't stand him either.



Part of me almost wishes Uncle Lee Daniels-es of this world were more like Uncle Ruckus. You can see Uncle Ruckus a mile off and you know not to listen to what he's spouting.

So let me count the anti-black ways of Lee Daniels


"PRECIOUS"

I think I hated "Precious," the movie when first saw it. And that's when I thought it was a FUBU movie. I hadn't quite made up my mind if I hated it or not when I found out the white folks loved it.


So I watched sections of it again and thought maybe I was having an respectability-politics-allergic reaction. Then I somebody gave me the book, "Push," which is the basis for the movie.  And I found that I loved Precious when she was in the book "Push" while I wanted to slap her half the time during the movie.


It didn't take much to figure out what Daniels had done to give "Precious" white appeal.



PRECIOUS CAST
On creating white appeal in "Precious," "The Butler," and "Empire" To be continued at the link

http://thankherforsurviving.blogspot.com/2015/11/uncle-lee-daniels-aint-uncle-ruckus-but.html

No comments:

Post a Comment