Tuesday, September 8, 2015

MISS UNIVERSE STANDS FIRM: "I'm not going to shut up."



First Nations woman crowned Mrs. Universe urges Canadians to vote for new Prime Minister






Question:  Your win comes amidst a federal election, the first real conversation Canada has had about murdered and missing indigenous women and not long after Idle No More. Do you link the attention you’re getting with what some might call a wave of momentum on these issues?

.Callingbull's Answer:

 I’m not going to lie, I was hoping I’d win, so I’d be able to address all these issues. Obviously it was a plan of mine if I did win, that I’d be able to use my voice to bring attention to all these things affecting First Nations people and I wasn’t sure how much attention I would get from competing in this pageant. If I was just still a university student, I didn’t do any pageants or I wasn’t an actor, no one would listen to what I have to say about murdered and missing aboriginal women.


READ MORE

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/first-nations-woman-crowned-mrs-universe-urges-canadians-to-vote-for-new-pm


Um...I don't think she's playing. Do you?


No comments:

Post a Comment