Friday, September 18, 2015

CURL ENVY



Feeling Rebloggy



It began when I searched for a Youtube vlogger and natural hair care stylist that I absolutely love.

Shortly after, I was down the rabbit hole, following any and everyone that had a style I wished to emulate. I followed companies who launched natural hair care products, in hopes of winning something. I spent hours on end watching short IG tutorials. I bought hundreds of dollars in new products. Gone were the days of wash, dry, and moisturize. I had upgraded to the LOC (liquid, oil, cream) method… and then the LOCO (liquid, oil, cream, sealing oil) method… and eventually my process began to feel like the ABCDEFGHIJ method. All of those things were pretty harmless, but after about two months, I realized that I was changing more than just my routine. I was changing internally and had developed a bad case of curl envy… in the literal sense.

I wanted my curls to be the same texture as so-and-so’s. I wanted to figure out how to make them more voluminous like so-and-so. Why wouldn’t my hair grow like so-and-so’s? As my students were taking pictures of the various styles I sported each day, I would remind them never to compare themselves to anyone… in any way. However, I was doing a poor job following my own advice.



You can put this in the
been there,
done that,
STILL trying to detox file.


Looking down at my shoes, ashamed.

Read More
http://www.mycoloures.com/2015/02/why-i-stopped-following-teamnatural.html

No comments:

Post a Comment