Tuesday, September 8, 2015

SERENA PREVAILS OVER VENUS AT U.S. OPEN


It’s a really great moment,” Serena says during an on-court interview with ESPN’s Mary Joe Fernandez. “She’s the toughest opponent I’ve ever played in my life and the best person I know. It’s going against your best friend and at the same time going against the greatest competitor in women’s tennis.”


TOTAL POINTS
SERENA 76
VENUS  75
More from Serena:
  • “When I’m playing her I don’t think of her as my sister. When you’re in the moment you don’t really think about it. We trained all our lives to play on this court and on this stage in front of you guys. It’s a great honor.”
  • “Holding serve in the third set is all I could do. She came out hitting so hard. I was on defense a lot because she has so much power. It wasn’t really easy today at all.”
  • “This is a big moment for both Venus and I. We both had a chance to be in the semi-finals. It’s a grand slam. We’re very competitive. We’re just trying to give each other a great match.”


    READ MORE:  
    http://www.theguardian.com/sport/live/2015/sep/08/us-open-2015-serena-williams-venus-williams-live

No comments:

Post a Comment