Thursday, October 22, 2015

Pedophile Culture?


"I need you, and your sympathetic readers, to understand this grave truth: pedophilia is not nearly as taboo, or shameful, or repulsive to society, as you claim it is. 

I wish it was. 

Much to the detriment of females the world over, your desires are reflected back to you infinitely, mass-produced on a global scale to meet an ever-growing demand. This male-supremacist world welcomes you with open arms, and your every wish is its command. I dare say you are safer to be yourself, than girls are. " 

~
Alicen Grey 




I have been reading old books or books about what was happening in the United States at the turn of century to about 1950.  I've mostly been reading the History of Black Women and History from a black female perspective.  I've also read articles online to supplement the books I'm reading. The thing that I've noticed about the first half of the 1900s is that "sexy" and "child-like" went together too often for my tastes.  In fact, I found myself rather nauseous.

Then, I started thinking back to some of the poses I've seen of 1950s and 1960s models in white magazines. Child like and empty-eyed was THE thing for a while. I've seen innocent poses of black women but not child-like. For some reason I don't see child-like sexy coming out of black women just like black women never really got that deep into baby-talking a man into doing x, y, z.  I think most of the black women photographed and placed in black magazines in 1950s and 60s circled around "dignity" because that's what we as black people were holding onto with both hands at the time. That's my guess anyway.

But I see traces of men wanting sexy-child-like woman in predominantly white magazines today. Traces. I thought. And I don't really think I've seen that in black magazines, but my magazine days are way behind me. Still, imagine my surprise when I read the article below which makes reference to another article at Salon.com written in 2015 that is actually titled, "I'm A Pedophile Not A Monster."



Pedophilia. Excuse me, but if you don't get that sh*t treated with a therapist--if that's even possible, you are a monster-in-waiting.  

Don't believe article exists? Check it out right here:   
http://www.salon.com/2015/09/21/im_a_pedophile_but_not_a_monster/


You know what? The fact that this article was published at all means I might have to wake up to the fact of "Pedophile Culture" And I just got my head wrapped around "Rape Culture." A few years ago, I really thought feminists were overstating the case of how acceptable and defensible rape is until I heard:


1)  the excuses made by a judge for the 30 year old white male rapist of a 14 year old girl, Latina, because her behavior came across older than her years...or some such bullsh**.The girl committed suicide at some point between the rape becoming public, arrest, and prosecution. The judge's original 31 days sentence, after protests, was changed to 10 years. 

2)  the excuses made for the Steubenville Rapists. Oh my Gawd, I had no idea people could actually part their lips to say having sex with someone that is clearly unconscious is not rape. I really had no idea this was up for debate until this case became relatively infamous, nationwide



3)  the excuses made during  #IAmJada. This girl was raped at a party, much like the Steubenville girl, only this little black chick STOOD UP FOR HERSELF!!! I was proud of her. But man, the fact that teens are hardhearted enough to pull this crap scared me. 


4)  the excuses made for Bill Cosby.






And now, here comes "Pedophile Culture."  (Head down, shaking my head)  I actually might have to start watching out for signs of "Pedophile Culture." I can't believe it. But I have to believe it. Because if this article is seen as legitimate at a reputable magazine, then pedophile culture is either already here or it's knocking on the damn door. 


* * * * *
I'll let you find the original article yourself at the link above. But here, again, is the rebuttal to that nonsense:  

"I need you, and your sympathetic readers, to understand this grave truth: pedophilia is not nearly as taboo, or shameful, or repulsive to society, as you claim it is.

I wish it was.

Much to the detriment of females the world over, your desires are reflected back to you infinitely, mass-produced on a global scale to meet an ever-growing demand. This male-supremacist world welcomes you with open arms, and your every wish is its command. I dare say you are safer to be yourself, than girls are.  

No comments:

Post a Comment