Tuesday, August 11, 2015

MARGARET CHO'S BODY LOVE MANIFESTO (plus a little stand up comedy)

feeling rebloggy

...I fly my flag of self-esteem for all those who have been told they were ugly and fat and hurt and shamed and violated and abused for the way they look and told time and time again that they were "different" and therefore unlovable. Come to me and I will tell you and show you how beautiful and loved you are and you will see it and feel it and know it and then look in the mirror and truly believe it.

If you are offended by my anger and my might at defending my borders and my people you do not deserve entry into my beloved and magnificent country.

If you were raised lovingly and told you were perfect and beautiful and loved and the best at all things, I am just jealous. You had it much better, and so you really should spread that love around as opposed to judging those like me who never had that, never knew what it was like and never could even imagine it. I could learn from you instead of feeling judged by
you. Give the less loved and less cared for and less treasured a chance.

by Margaret Cho
from 2012
originally posted at
Jezebel.com


STILL AWESOME

READ THE WHOLE THING AND FEEL THE SELF-LOVE http://jezebel.com/5875219/cho-mad-twitter

More below- Some Of Her Early Stand Up


 
Warning: Her stand up comedy can get a little raunchy, but she's smart and worth it...most of the time.

STAND UP:  Margaret Cho's Persimmon Diet



STAND UP: Margaret Cho's Beautiful 



No comments:

Post a Comment