Saturday, July 18, 2015

Dear white people in the fashion world...



African model Nykhor Paul blasts white makeup artists for neglecting black beauty


Dear white people in the fashion world! 

Please don't take this the wrong way but it's time you people get your shit right when it comes to our complexion!

Why do I have to bring my own makeup to a professional show when all the other white girls don't have to do anything but show up wtf! Don't try to make me feel bad because I am blue black its 2015 go to Mac, Bobbi Brown, Makeup forever, Iman cosmetic, black opal, even LancĂ´me and Clinique carried them plus so much more. there's so much options our there for dark skin tones today.





A good makeup artist would come prepare and do there research before coming to work because often time you know what to expect especially at a show! Stop apologizing it's insulting and disrespectful to me and my race it doesn't help, seriously! Make an effort at least!

That goes for NYC, London, Milan, Paris and Cape Town plus everywhere else that have issues with black skin tones. Just because you only book a few of us doesn't mean you have the right to make us look ratchet. I'm tired of complaining about not getting book[ed] as a black model and I'm definitely super tired of apologizing for my blackness!!!!

Fashion is art, art is never racist it should be inclusive of all not only white people, shit we started fashion in Africa and you modernize and copy it! Why can't we be part of fashion fully and equally?



 * * * * * *
I had no idea. It is 2015. But, she has bigger problems than the make-up artists. Apparently, this issue is so-much-nothing to the people that employ her that she can't even complain to the modeling agency itself or the people running a particular show. 

The basics of professionalism don't matter the person complaining is black?


 If a make-up artist failed to show up with ENOUGH SHADES of pale pink lipstick he or she probably wouldn't get another gig.

I just read another story where Tyra Banks said it's an unwritten rule that there can only be one black supermodels out of 10 supermodels at any given moment. So I imagine that down in the trenches, long before the supermodel status, there is an entire 10% of non-pale females, that make artists just don't bother to bring make-up for?
I haven't read a fashion magazine in approximately a jupiter century.  Are the magazines whiter than 90% white? Just glancing at a magazine, standing on line at the grocery store, I know it's less than 10%. But even if the percentage of non-white models is 5%, how can you show up for work and be unprepared 1 out of 20 times consistently --and still have a job?

Where can I get a job and just not bother to do it right 1 in 20 times and still get paid? Do you have to be white to qualify for jobs like that?






No comments:

Post a Comment