Tuesday, February 28, 2017

ME AND THE BEES GOING TO WHOLE FOODS



I never watch the television show SHARK TANK (A reality TV show where ordinary people compete and present their business ideas to billionaires who decide to invest in their business or not) 

I was just too lazy to change the television channel. But I just saw this little black girl named Mikaila who went on SHARK TANK a year or two ago when she was just 11 years old in order to get investor money for a lemonade company she started.

As of last year, her lemonade is being sold nationwide at WHOLE FOODS MARKETS.
I'm gonna run and not walk to the store. I am gonna get some ME AND THE BEES FLAXSEED LEMONADE. I don't care how much it cost. I'm getting at least one bottle.

You know what the coolest thing is about Mikaila's story? She made her grandmother's flaxseed lemonade recipe for a children's business competition. What a way to get children interested in business, understanding profit and loss!



From her website:


Let our founder, Mikaila, explain the origin of Me & the Bees Lemonade:


When I was just four, my family encouraged me to make a product for a Children's business competition (the Acton Children’s Business Fair) and Austin Lemonade Day. So I put on my thinking cap. I thought about some ideas. While I was thinking, two big events happened.

I got stung by a bee. Twice.
Then my Great Granny Helen, who lives in Cameron, South Carolina, sent my family a 1940's cookbook, which included her special recipe for Flaxseed Lemonade.
I didn't enjoy the bee stings at all. They scared me. But then something strange happened. I became fascinated with bees. I learned all about what they do for me and our ecosystem. So then I thought, what if I make something that helps honeybees and uses my Great Granny Helen's recipe?
That's how Me & the Bees Lemonade was born. It comes from my Great Granny Helen's flaxseed recipe and my new love for bees. So that's why we sweeten it with local honey. And today my little idea continues to grow.
It was a sweet success from the start. Year-after-year, Mikaila, sells-out of her Me & the Bees Lemonade at youth entrepreneurial events while donating a percentage of the profits from the sale of her lemonade to local and international organizations fighting hard to save the honeybees. That is why she touts: Buy a Bottle…Save a Bee.
Now at age 12, when not at her lemonade stand telling all the digestive benefits of flaxseed, you can find Mikaila leading workshops on how to save the honeybees, and participating in social entrepreneurship panels. Mikaila launched her own Facebook page, where visitors can ‘Like’ interesting facts about bees, honey and Me & the Bees Lemonade.
Today, the award-winning Me & the Bees Lemonade is buzzing off the shelves of Whole Foods Market, the world’s leader in natural and organic foods, and available at a growing number of restaurants, food trailers and natural food delivery companies.

Mikaila Ulmer: A social entrepreneur, bee ambassador, educator and student.

SEE MORE ABOUT MIKAILA AND WHERE TO BUYhttp://meandthebees.com/

READ ABOUT HER WHOLE FOODS DEAL 
http://www.colorlines.com/articles/11-year-old-entrepreneur-signs-deal-sell-her-lemonade-whole-foods-stores

No comments:

Post a Comment