Monday, April 25, 2016

PMS IS MY SUPERPOWER

Yes, PMS is P.M.S. is Premenstrual Syndrome. And I'm not really kidding here.

It took years, but I finally started seeing my period and the prequel, PMS as my....



bullsh*t
cutter 

through-er.


My hormones may be cresting a bit high during PMS but I am not insane. Even though I am a serious secrete-er of female hormones, my brain does not make stuff up. What I deny as betrayal before the PMS simply cannot be denied during PMS.


When the PMS comes? I cannot fool myself anymore.

Still, I'm usually better able to talk more reasonably to someone who has strayed way too damn far into my lane when the PMS is done --even if that person doesn't deserve "reasonable." So keeping my mouth shut for a few days isn't the worst idea.  
But I do make sure I get back to whoever it was that did me dirty once the PMS is done.

I make sure.

X-men Apocalypse is coming
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPrWSQofvYM

My diary hath revealed that my combination PMS navigation system/B.S. detector is almost always dead-on accurate.



So I say you keep a diary and check it out for yourself. Don't look back and think about how embarrassed you were for getting mad. That might be bad home training (self tone-policing at work)

Check yourself
for yourself.

Keep A Diary for while.





Maybe you'll find what I found. Sometimes I was mad about X before PMS started but I refused to think about X. 

Know why?

I'll tell you why

I, like many other women, was taught that "angry" is not ladylike, feminine, or "forgiving" and even worse than that wrath is a confirmation that I am "angry lack woman."

Most women are taught to tone-police themselves for a variety of reasons. And it's so ingrained that sometimes we don't notice when we're doing it to ourselves.

So keep a diary
and see if most of your flame outs,
the ones DURING PMS,
came AFTER PMS free periods
where you were in denial 

about being
  • dominated, 
  • ignored, 
  • disrespected, 
  • microaggress-ed, 
  • projected upon,
  • and/or stereotyped

prior to PMS even beginning.

You might be in for a surprise. I might not be the only one that has this superpower.

P.S. I took a class about 100 years ago where the professor said that men have mood swings too, only the hormonal fluctuations associated with their production of sperm is daily. (I'm looking for a reliable source on this claim. But even if it's pseudo science, I've known men that get cranky and stay cranky with a common cold much less breast soreness, bloating, and what feels like a never ending hunger that makes you want to bite people as if you're a zombie.)

Also Note: As women's bodies are experimented and prodded a lot more than men's sacred bodies and penises are, there's more data on women--hence the existence of a plethora of female birth control drugs but zero common male birth control drugs.  But "Irritable Male Syndrome" is a term that's been coined and it is being studied in regards to older men

No comments:

Post a Comment