Friday, February 5, 2016

A CULTURAL APPROPRIATION QUICKIE



Watch the video first.
It's a little more than 15 seconds.






Sometimes I think the young folk think that this is all there is to standing against Cultural Appropriation. They get so instantly angry without thinking much about cultural sharing etc.

BUT THEN

I accidentally watch a piece of something like Justin Bieber's "Sorry" video. And it's like I'm Petty Crocker's and Daffy Duck's first born child. 
I find myself screaming just like "Dad"


"MINE! MINE! MINE! 


MOFOS,  IT'S MINE!!!"


Just a screen shot.
No Justin Bieber videos allowed here

If you decide to go find the Bieber video and watch white girls mock/mimicking black girls for yourself, please do tell me what music they are dancing to. I promise you they can't possibly be dancing to the music Beiber is singing along with.

Can't be.



A REAL LESSON 
ON CULTURAL APPROPRIATION AT THIS LINK

AMANDLA STENBERG'S
"DON'T CASH CROP ON MY CORNROWS"

http://thankherforsurviving.blogspot.com/2015/06/dont-cash-crop-on-my-cornrows-cultural.html


No comments:

Post a Comment