Sunday, June 7, 2015

TRANSGENDERED WITHOUT FAME AND FORTUNE: Four Talk Faith After The Suicide of LEELAH ALCORN


GOD DOESN'T CALL ON US TO JUDGE. 

GOD CALLS ON US TO LOVE



Feeling Rebloggy

As a "pew baby," [Terry] Hocker was in the family church every time the doors opened. But growing up, Hocker knew he was "a tomboy, for lack of a better word." The disconnection between that reality and a conservative faith seemed impossible to reconcile. The pain pushed the teenaged Hocker one day to pick out a busy intersection of Reading Road, to step step out into heavy traffic.

"I understood Leelah and what she wanted to do," Hocker said. "I wanted to send a message, too. Make a statement."

But Hocker couldn't do it. "Does God love me? I thought so. I decided I was going to learn how to live with being trans, even though I didn't know that word then. I was going to live in the world."


- from the Cincinnati Enquirer

READ MORE HERE: http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2015/06/05/comfort-strength-four-transgender-adults-held-onto-faith/28511211/

No comments:

Post a Comment