Wednesday, June 24, 2015

HENRY LOUIS GATES Jr, SUSPENDED BY PBS



FOR HELPING BEN AFFLECK LIE ABOUT HIS SLAVE OWNING ANCESTORS 


(Yes, a lie of omission is a lie)
Feeling Rebloggy

"I want to thank PBS for its thoughtful internal review. I sincerely regret not discussing my editing rationale with our partners at PBS and WNET and I apologize for putting PBS and its member stations in the position of having to defend the integrity of their programming. Throughout my many years of producing genealogy documentaries, I have always operated with rigorous ethical standards.


We have been working with PBS and WETA to create new guidelines to increase transparency going forward..."
TheRoot.com 


I didn't watch "FINDING OUR ROOTS" that often. But it was pretty cool when I did. More than that I learned something.

When I first started watching it, I THOUGHT, the black people had more Native American Ancestors than they do. You can't throw a stick in a room full black people and not have it hit someone that claims a Native American ancestor.

I have a great, great, great light-skinned grandmother in there somewhere with hair all the way down to her backside because she was mostly Native American. Don't you?

But DNA testing doesn't lie. 

We have a lot fewer romantic, Indian lovers in our heirs --that would have taken great, great, great grandma as a young black slave girl away from the plantation if he could have when he ran for his life-- than originally supposed. DNA tests of several black hairs from several black stars revealed that we
 simply have a lot more white massa rapists in our collective ancestry than I originally thought.

Oh well... 

I hope the show comes back. And I hope PBS screens everybody a bit more carefully. This shouldn't have happened. 

Original Story:
http://blackchickrocked.blogspot.com/2015/04/hiding-slave-owning-ancestor-is-sop-and.html

Read More:
http://www.theroot.com/articles/culture/2015/06/finding_your_roots_is_suspended_by_pbs_over_ben_affleck_story.html

No comments:

Post a Comment