Saturday, July 9, 2016

IT HAS NOT BEEN A GOOD WEEK IN OR FOR AMERICA



Feeling Rebloggy

It has not been a good week in or for America.
In a little over 72 hours, two Black men from Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and St. Paul, Minnesota, have been murdered by the police, and last night, in Dallas, Texas, snipers took aim at the police during a peaceful protest over the first two killings. Five police officers were killed and several more were wounded.
It has not been a good week in or for America...
Last night, as I lay in my bed asleep, my son woke me up by kicking me in the back. I looked at my phone and saw notification after notification from every news outlet about shootings in Dallas and the fact that police officers were killed. My heart dropped because I knew, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that the media would shift the entire conversation back to this mythical open season on police, who are experiencing the safest year on record for police ever. And sure enough, the non-sense sparked with news headlines that are linking what happened in Dallas to September 11th; marking it as the deadliest day for law enforcement since 9/11.

And that correlation is patently ridiculous...
~VerySmartBrothas


READ MORE:

 
http://verysmartbrothas.com/it-has-not-been-a-good-week-in-or-for-america/

No comments:

Post a Comment