Saturday, January 23, 2016

X-FILES STARTS AGAIN TOMORROW JANUARY 24 2016

AND SO DID THE SEXISM BEHIND THE SCENES

"Gillian Anderson: I Was Offered Half Duchovny’s Pay for ‘The X-Files’ Revival"
I can't believe they tried to get Gillian Anderson to work for half David Duchovney's pay...again, 25 years later. I can't believe they offered her half the first time. Yeah, she was an unknown. But Duchovny was barely known. He was doing that Red Shoes Diary crap. Wasn't he only on during the intro? When I first started watching the show, I knew I'd seen him somewhere but couldn't remember where. And now that I've read this article, I certainly don't remember her always being told to walk behind Mulder. Or maybe I just thought she was following him reluctantly the first three years. Then again, maybe that passed for "normal" before my eyes at the time.
~from the Daily Beast


Read About How The World has and hasn't changed, sexism wise, right here:



It would be interesting to read what other actresses put up with 25 years ago. Sometimes the world changes so slowly you don't see much. Sometimes the world isn't changing. It's hard to know which is which sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment